Engineer - Product Development
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: May 6, 2022
This position is in Muscatine, Iowa. - Relocation assistance may
be applicable. - We are not accepting candidates with sponsorship
requirements currently. - - HNI Corporation -is a global family of
brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces
where we live, work, and gather. -We -pride ourselves on fostering
an environment where we make a positive impact on others, upholding
our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging. - -What We
Need:We are looking for Product Development Engineers to join our
HNI Workplace Furnishings team in Muscatine, Iowa! - As a Product
Development Engineer, you will perform a variety of engineering
work in planning and design of products and/or product components
and will work with other engineering or production disciplines to
ensure proper implementation of design. - The Product Development
Engineer creates models, drawings, and specifications for the
development of products.What You Will Do:
- Develops original designs or adaptations (such as specials,
tailored products, etc.) requiring specialized experience.
- Leads the development of technical, manufacturable designs from
initial product concepts, prototypes, testing and initiates the
identification of intellectual property infringement and patent
creation services and drives the implementation and management of
all CAD modeling throughout the PLM process, including management
of all product engineering drawings and Product Data Management
- Establishes product specifications, including dimensional,
performance, and visual specifications, and then manages those
specifications as they relate to product management, quality,
operations, and supplier relations.
- Creates new test plans to ensure product will be compliant with
applicable industry standards and product specifications and
performs product reliability testing to ensure continued
- Creates and/or updates and analyzes bill of materials and
understands related costs for each component, as well as labor and
burden costs associated with building the product in the chosen
facility and makes recommendations for profit improvements.
- Partners with producing locations to run production pilots and
to ensure production readiness.
- Works with production, other engineering disciplines,
marketing, sales, and quality to implement designs and ensure that
project goals are met.
- Monitors quality and design issues and deploy projects to
reduce customer pain points.
- Executes engineering change requests and temporary deviations
- Participates in activities as appropriate to ensure the success
of the organization. What You Have:
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering.
- 2 years of work experience specific to engineering; internships
and co-ops will be considered.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Lean Manufacturing principles including RCI, 3P, Value Stream
Mapping, problem solving, and statistical analysis.
- Preferred experience with CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Preferred experience with Oracle, inventory system knowledgeHNI
Corporation -(NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings
and building products, operating under two segments. - The
-workplace furnishings segment -is a leading global designer and
provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple
unique brands. - The -residential building products segment -is the
nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.As
one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized
in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors
and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible
Companies by Newsweek. -How we act today protects how we live
tomorrow. - Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: -Diversity, equity,
and inclusion (DEI) are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are
operational imperatives. - We value each other's differences in
experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our
customers. - Look at our DEI goals here: -We offer Benefits on Day
1!Daily Pay - we offer a voluntary benefit to gain immediate access
to a percentage of your next paycheck without having to wait until
pay day!To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit We
also invite you to visit us at - -to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Waukesha , Engineer - Product Development, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!