Assembler Transformers - 2nd Shift
Company: Eaton Corporation
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking
an Assembler - Transformers Line - 2nd -Shift to join our team! The
hourly rate for this role starts at -$20.25/hour, depending on
experience. -The core hours for this position are from -3:00 pm to
11:00 pm. - -This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in
Waukesha, WI. This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $2,000*,
less applicable withholding. *Bonus terms: --- - - -Bonuses are
being offered for a limited time only. - Applications must be
submitted on or after March 2nd, 2022 to qualify. --- - - -Bonuses
are only applicable to specific job types and shifts additional
terms and conditions may apply. --- - - -Associates must be
employed at the time of the payout. --- - - Bonuses will be payable
in two installments: $1,000, less applicable withholding will be
-paid after three (3) months of employment -and the remaining
$1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid -after nine (9)
months of employment. Why work at Eaton? -Below are a few of the
-outstanding -benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
more! The Assembler is responsible for production of all types of
3-phase transformers in a continuous flow environment to meet the
agreed-upon customer service requirements. -Our Assemblers can be
placed in either Team A, Team B, or Team C. - You will be
responsible for performing the various job functions as described
in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and
quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties and
assist all other team members as needed to meet production through
the continuous flow line. All job tasks are not listed below, you
may be asked to perform work activities outside of each team that
may include employee engagement and other volunteered tasks to
promote positive workplace culture and building. In this function
you will: Team A
- Restock components, follow standard work and 6S, perform a
visual inspection of the previous operation, and build all products
using a bill of materials and guided work instructions.
- Build the internal component to a transformer by lacing steel
sheets around wound coils creating a core coil assembly.
- Bolt on or weld low voltage bar assemblies, aluminum flex
sheets, and adapters to the core coil assembly.
- Kit the unit with appropriate materials and sub-components for
the next assembly operation.
- Build to quality and engineering reference standards which will
require proper use of calibrated torque tooling.
- Move units by use of overhead cranes and power industrial
vehicles. Team B
- Build high voltage lead assembly portion of the transformer
consisting of multiple tap changers and switches.
- Pre-tanking of the unit will be performed involving unboxing
parts, installing subcomponents to fixture for measuring lead
lengths, and cutting and crimping cables.
- Install the internal core coil assembly, all lead assembly
operations, and external bushings per bill of materials inside a
metal fabricated tank
- All pre-tanked cable leads will be built to the tank installing
switches, arrestors, fuses, and any other components as designed to
- Conduct ratio testing on the unit and troubleshoot any
potential problems found in order to complete ratio test.
- Operate our vacuum pressure and drying equipment to process
units including filling tanks with oil to prevent from water or air
introduced into the transformer.
- Repair units and components that have failed test, are leaking,
defective, or require other needed changes. Team C
- Bolt or weld on metal fabricated covers and pressure test units
that have passed all dielectric testing.
- Build and install cabinets to close external bushings and
protect other components that would require tamper proofing.
- Wire controls equipment both external and internal consisting
of conduit assembly, terminal block installation, and any other
gages or precision instruments needing to be installed.
- Learn to prep, wash, and paint using high pressure spray system
all transformers and part assemblies as required.
- Build wood pallets and mount transformers to them for safe
shipping and unloading purposes.
- Work closely with all support functions and shipping department
to ensure product is completed to customer specification and
shipped on time.
- Participate in teardown, repair and modification of customer
field returns as directed by engineering or quality
- Final assembly and inspection of transformers will be required
to ensure customer specification and meet quality required
standards. QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an
accredited institution is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. - All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from
the geographical area limitation. Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to read and interpret shop specifications (shop
drawings, process sheets, measuring equipment etc.).
- Must be able to work overtime as needed Eaton also considers
qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent
with local laws. - - - - - To request a disability-related
reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search,
application or interview process, -please call 412-893-3600 or send
an email to: - - #LI-SK1 What you will get from usEaton's mission
is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the
use of power management technologies and services. We provide
sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage
electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more
efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton
takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an
environment where creativity, invention and discovery become
reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you
can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to
customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000
employees.We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our
employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest
power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight
of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to
practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the
tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse
and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that
bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or
background. In the past year, our company has received top
employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost
fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
are stronger.We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability
with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the
company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are
ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and
committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our
promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because
of the attributes that our employees embody.We are committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons
regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or
any other status protected by law.Job: Manufacturing &
OperationsRegion: North America - US/Puerto RicoOrganization: ESSG
CPSD PDD Power Delivery DivisionJob Level: Entry LevelSchedule:
Full-timeDoes this position offer relocation?: NoTravel: No
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Waukesha , Assembler Transformers - 2nd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!