Mechanical Design Innovator
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you want to be part of a team where we work
collaboratively to achieve our goals? Do you enjoy working in an
innovative and growth focused environment? A company that invests
in its equipment and its team members? Then Hydro-Thermal is the
company for you!At Hydro-Thermal Corporation success is attributed
to people who are committed to technical competence, are responsive
to customers' needs, are friendly, are willing to work hard, have
complete integrity, and are active in our industry and in the local
communities. The Mechanical Design Innovator is a critical role in
the long-term product development cycle of a new type of brewing
machine and other food production systems. They will utilize their
mastery of the traditional brewing process or food production
process, and creative problem solving to fulfill the design
requirements to commercialize these products for Hydro-Thermal.
This is accomplished by thinking, trying, developing, researching,
retrying, recommending and building innovative, beautiful and
hygienic brewing and food production systems. The key concepts for
this product are reductions in batch variability, energy
efficiency, a new standard of hygienic design, increases in
manufacturing margins, safety, and surpassing customer
satisfaction. Must be able to stimulate management through well
researched and though-out recommendations and value-added logical
arguments. This innovator cannot be afraid of the waves created by
change. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead mechanical design of innovative new brewing and food
production equipment under the
- direction of the senior product manager and within the stated
vision of the project scope.
- Champion the project both inside and out of Hydro-Thermal
- Actively solve process, manufacturing, budgeting, and value
proposition problems regularly.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of the project
both to internal marketing and sales
- departments, and externally at trade shows and any customer
- Develop technical mastery of sanitary equipment production
processes, and the core
- technologies of Hydro-Thermal.
- Build and maintain networking relationships with industry
professionals and customers as a
- representative of Hydro-Thermal Corporation.
- Designing and executing scientifically derived experiments in
support of development.
- Identifying and validating improvement/corrective actions to
deliver the desired benefits.
- Managing specifications and changes with associated testing or
- Documenting progress and writing reports on testing,
validations and problem-solving measures.
- Collecting and analyzing data.
- Lead material improvement projects, which could include
managing material changes, qualifying
- alternate materials, delivering material cost savings or
participating in new product launches.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Applicants must possess a firm mastery of commercial brewing
processes and equipment, or hygienic systems
- Minimum of 5 years brewery process or food production process
- Technical brewing degree or BS in engineering discipline,
preferably chemical or mechanical.
- Prior experience in continuous improvement initiatives and Lean
implementation a plus
- Ability to develop a sampling plan, sample, analyze and draw
statistically based conclusions.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with ability to work a
problem from problem statement development through to root cause
identification and systemic corrective action implementation
- Proactive, self-motivated individual. Action and results
oriented with ability to work in a fast paced, challenging
environmentBenefits:In addition to your base compensation, you are
provided with a wide range of benefit programs which are designed
to enhance the quality of your life, to provide protection and help
when some of life's problems may occur.
- Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Personal Time Off and paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company provided Life/AD&D Hydro-Thermal is always on the
lookout for exceptional people. We value innovative, growth-centric
minded folks who have integrity and never stop being a customer
advocate. EEO Statement Hydro-Thermal Corporation provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
Keywords: Hydro-Thermal, Waukesha , Mechanical Design Innovator, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!