Program Supervisor - Children's Long Term Support Waiver Program - Waukesha County
Company: Lutheran Social Services
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Lutheran Social Services (LSS) is a private, non-profit, human
service agency providing a variety of services throughout Wisconsin
and Upper Michigan. Over the years, LSS has grown to become one of
the largest human service agencies in the two state area serving
more than 125,000 clients annually. We are looking for passionate,
mission-driven individuals like you to help provide services
including outpatient behavioral health management, international,
domestic and special needs adoptions, older adult services, support
services for children, youth and families, community corrections
programs and support services for adults with disabilities and/or
mental health concerns.
Motivated by the compassion of Christ, we help people improve the
quality of their lives. Does this describe your personal mission
statement? Are you motivated to serve by sharing your talents? If
you would like to help us achieve our mission, please apply for the
Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI is currently seeking a
Program supervisor. WE ARE GROWING! Would you like to join our
growing Children's Long Term Support (CLTS) Waiver team in Waukesha
The CLTS Waiver is a federally funded Medicaid program serving the
needs of children who have a developmental, physical, or a severe
emotional disability. Children's Long Term Support Workers (CLTS)
are responsible for managing a caseload of children who are at risk
of out of home placement. The role requires regular contact and
visits with the clients and their families, as well as
The position is full time, Monday through Friday, first shift, and
requires flexibility to meet the needs of the client and
At Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI, the health and
safety of our colleagues and clients is our top priority! LSS is
regularly reviewing OSHA and CDC recommendations and guidelines to
stay abreast of the ever changing Covid-19 pandemic. LSS employees
are currently required to mask regardless of vaccination status
when indoors and in the presence of clients or colleagues.
Employees are expected to adhere to agency protocols.
AGENCY REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees):
- Must comply with applicable service regulations as well as
agency and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must relate to people of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of the
- Represent LSS internally and externally as a servant leader in
thought, words and actions.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary.
- Ensure quality service delivery by application of, tracking of,
and compliance with practice standards, policies and procedures,
identified outcomes, and contract/licensing requirements.
- Analyze, plan, implement, and monitor compliance requirements
for multiple funders' program guidelines. Ensure that updates are
incorporated in a timely manner for compliance.
- Assure that employees meet the requirements of the applicable
services and contracts.
- Ensure proper staff training and identify staff training needs
to meet practice standards and licensing/contract
- Provide coverage for direct service as needed.
- Address client concerns/issues related to LSS direct service
- Conduct case record reviews and case consultation as
- Assist with the identification of program outcomes.
- Assure the tracking of required outcomes.
- Problem solve day to day challenges and provide feedback to
direct reports as well as other leadership.
- Develop services and programming that aligns with requirements
and incorporates up-to-date and relevant approaches to service
- As required by service, develop and implement employee
- Work collaboratively with human capital on the recruitment and
interviewing of direct service employees.
- Establish priorities and directs the work of program staff to
include delegating and overseeing work assignments.
- Conduct performance evaluations and review/support goals of
- Select, train/teach, assign, coach and evaluate assigned LSS
- Build trusting and open relationships with staff through open
dialogue as well as intentional and ongoing employee
- Hold direct reports accountable for the responsibilities
associated with their role.
- Support day-to-day functioning of assigned employees in support
of the agency goals and strategies.
- Ensure communication and implementation of agency-wide policies
and procedures to program staff.
- Schedule and facilitate staff meetings on an ongoing
- Work collaboratively with employees and other leaders to
problem solve and provide solutions to issues encountered by direct
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to employee which promotes
autonomy and critical thinking.
- Partner with program manager and/or director to respectfully
address and resolve human capital issues including accountability,
promotion, coaching and other performance matters.
- Serve as a role model for employees.
- Recognize the need for consistent change.
- Work collaboratively with the team to provide feedback on
change initiatives and implement changes.
- Ensure that team members complete required documentation to
support the billing, cost reporting, and invoicing
- Work collaboratively with business services to trouble shoot
- Review necessary reports to assure that serviced rendered are
- Participate in the development of the program/service budget
- Oversee revenue and expenditures. Make necessary adjustments to
meet the financial goals of the program.
- Conduct financial reviews with the Manager/Director.
- Expected to understand productivity expectations, communicate,
and uphold the standards that have been established for the
employees and the programs supervised.
- Establish and foster healthy and positive relationships with
community stakeholders, funders, and donors.
- Participate actively and represent LSS with marketing and
communications to establish and reinforce a positive image of LSS
in the community.
- Educate the community (market the program) about the services
provided at LSS.
- With a focus on program expansion, communicate any need for
additional services to leadership.
- Demonstrate community commitment with follow through and
engagement in the community.
- Receive, track, and coordinate referrals effectively and
efficiently for your service area.
- Work as a collaborative team member with other leaders to
support One LSS.
- Hold self and team accountable to promote and create a safe
environment for employees, clients and stakeholders by identifying
and resolving risks as appropriate, and following applicable safety
- Provide regular and intentional updates and seek ideas for
improvements through employee meetings with assigned
- Performs other duties as required.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- By being employed with LSS, which is a non-profit agency, you
can be eligible for loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan
- Loans are eligible to be forgiven after 10 years of on-time and
consistent payments through the income-based re-payment plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- LSS makes annual raises a priority for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the
necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks
required, according to program requirements. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- Bachelor's Degree in a Health and Human Services related
- LSS approved examples of human service degrees include, but are
not limited to the following:
- Child Development/Family Relations
- Community Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Criminal Justice
- Marriage and Family
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Social Worker
- Special Education
- Vocational Counseling
- Supervisory Experience is preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's license
and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of
the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving
record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability
to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support.
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job allows the employee to vary physical position or activity
for comfort. The employee may be required to stand and /or walk for
8 hours or longer. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently (34% to 66% of the time) required to stand,
sit, talk, hear, twist, use fine manipulation/fingering. In
addition the employee is occasionally (1% to 33% of the time)
required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach above and below
shoulder height, grasp and handle objects. The worker is rarely
(less than 1% of the time) required to pull /push up to 50 lbs,
operate foot controls. The employee may be required to lift up to
50 lbs rarely, and up to 25 lbs occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the worker is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand, walk, and sit and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboarding is
required for this position.
The incumbent of this position may work in both an office
environment and the program(s) it oversees. Must be willing to work
from multiple locations. The incumbent will also be exposed to
outdoor weather conditions when traveling on company business.
May occasionally be exposed to chemical fumes such as paint and
carpet cleaning. May enter client's dwellings or programs and be
exposed to smoke and common household allergens such as dust,
mildew and pets.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TRAVEL: TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required. Some overnight travel
may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
EducationAssociate Degree of Hum. Serv. or Related Field
Licenses & CertificationsDriver's License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lutheran Social Services, Waukesha , Program Supervisor - Children's Long Term Support Waiver Program - Waukesha County, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!