Weekend Shift Assistant Supervisor
Company: Metal Era LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Assistant Supervisor is an experienced manufacturing
employee on the Weekend Shift (Friday - Sunday, 5am-5pm) that
assists the Shift Supervisor in meeting departmental objectives and
assuring the performance of the production team. This role is
considered a working leadership position, where up-to 60% of the
incumbent's hours may be spent conducting day-to-day manufacturing
or production work, based upon business needs. The Assistant
Supervisor works together with the Shift Supervisor to complete
production and packaging of orders. This involves flexing
department staff, prioritizing orders/subassemblies, training and
coordinating overtime requirements. Our workload leans
high-mix/low-volume, which can present challenges when trying to
marry up parts in shipping and this requires critical thinking
skills and an understanding of our manufacturing process.Due to the
nature of the role and the inherent flexibility required, it is
expected that the incumbent is able to master, trouble-shoot,
train-on, and work-in our many shops areas, including but not
limited to: kitting, forklift operation, shear, custom work,
presses, robot cells, anchor clips, bar punch, shipping, and
warehouse-related tasks. Training will be provided to the right
candidate, and ongoing training and certification will be expected
of the incumbent.Essential Duties and Responsibilities.This list of
duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive, and may be
expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management
deems necessary. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily perform
each essential duty listed, with or without reasonable
accommodation. Leadership Activities
- Foster a safe, fun, and effective work environment with a focus
on teamwork, accuracy, quality, and with the intent to fulfill the
SPEQ Promise (Speed, Protection, Expertise, and Quality) to both
our internal and external customers.
- Responsible to help oversee shift activities in our non-union,
durable goods manufacturing facility, assuring procedures/processes
are followed to optimize quality, productivity, safety, and
- Responsible to help the Supervisor train, coach, develop
on-the-job skills, and improve the daily performance of the
manufacturing shop employees to accomplish business objectives;
including: long-term and short-term goals, departmental or
organizational initiatives, company policies, company procedures,
safety rules, and all written work instructions.
- Motivate, reward, hold employees accountable (recognize, coach,
and correct) to performance expectations by monitoring employee
behaviors, attitudes, and productivity/output. The incumbent will
be required to complete MODEL Leader training onsite within first
six months in-role.
- Enforce company and operational policies including: attendance,
safety, and time off policies.
- Document and maintain legally-compliant records of training,
coaching, and corrective conversations; involve the Shift
Supervisor, Department Manager, Director of Manufacturing, and/or
HR, when appropriate.
- Responsible to communicate (verbally and in-writing) with 30+
manufacturing shop employees on your assigned shift to clearly
cascade information regarding tasks, projects, workload, deadlines,
and any corporate initiatives, as applicable.
- Assist in quality monitoring and/or reporting; including
internal investigations of NCR's, CPPM, and overall production and
manufacturing quality control.
- Assist the Shift Supervisor with special departmental
- Serve as the primary back-up to the Shift Supervisor during
periods of absence, which may also include working directly with
customers, vendors/suppliers, and/or handling escalated service or
- Within first six months of hire, must demonstrate a full
understanding of plant load and operational capacity through
relevant cross-training and regular collaboration.
- All other leadership or operational duties, as assigned by
leadership. Teamwork and Support
- Lead by example in terms of work performance, technical savvy
and knowledge, adherence-to policies and procedures, interpersonal
interactions, conflict management practices, personal attitude
management, and the level of all internal communications.
- Demonstrate a 'continuous improvement' mindset, by seeking and
accepting feedback, embracing change, leading transition, and
making adjustments in a positive manner.
- Build relationships and resolve conflict in a productive,
professional manner that will support and foster our growing
culture of Trust and Respect.
- Provide support to teammates, or conduct operational work or
assignments, as requested.
- Make sound business decisions, demonstrate constructive
ingenuity, and consistently put forth the necessary effort to do
the best job possible.Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of this position.
- A high-school diploma, and at least 2+ years' successful
working experience in a metals-fabrication manufacturing
environment; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Demonstrated dependability and good standing performance in
current role, with no written corrective action in the last 6
months of employment. 2+ years' experience working for Metal-Era is
preferred, but not required.
- 1+ years' experience in a formal or informal leadership
position is preferred, overseeing a minimum of three (3) people of
whom you have personally trained, coached, motivated, and held
accountable by providing performance-related feedback.
- Strong customer first mindset, with dedication and proven
alignment to the SPEQ Promise.
- Expects the best from themselves and others, and is willing and
able to have direct, open and honest accountability conversations
with teammates. Has the ability or competency to professionally
deliver critical feedback; especially when the deficiency is
hurting the business, the team, or the person.
- Values 'having fun' at work, while achieving exceptional
results and following rules and policies. Has the ability to
understand the responsibility of a leader to appropriately manage
the balance between supporting the team and supporting the business
in day-to-day interactions.
- Communicates positively and professionally (both verbally and
in-writing) with customers and internally at all levels of the
- Is perceived by others as fair, consistent, trustworthy, honest
and transparent; as demonstrated by their words, actions,
intentions, and behaviors over time. Must demonstrate a high level
of integrity and professional discretion; with the demonstrated
ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential
information and situations.
- Ability to exercise above-average emotional intelligence,
keeping calm and even-tempered during periods of high stress,
pressure, problems, or conflict. Understands the difference between
urgency and panic.
- Ability to effectively time-manage and prioritize one's own
workload. Can handle consistent interruptions and effectively
re-prioritize when faced with change and unforeseen challenges.
Above-average follow-up skills in an environment that forces
- Proven ability to effectively resolve problems independently;
including addressing interpersonal conflicts, business-related
problems, and production concerns in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated desire and willingness to help others, balancing
patience and accountability. Truly comes from a place of
contribution and is passionate about seeing people succeed in the
business. Prefer some prior experience in coaching, training, or
leading others; however, willing to train on these skills for the
- Strong mathematical skills, with the ability to measure
accurately to the 64th of an inch.
- Basic computing skills, including intermediate-level
proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.Basic proficiency
using standard office hardware (computers, laptops, printers, etc.)
is preferred.Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required for this
- Six Sigma or Green Belt certification is preferred, but not
- Self-motivated interest in staying current with updates and
trends in the Manufacturing, Operations, Lean, and/or Automation
Sciences. Professional memberships and/or certifications are
strongly encouraged, but not required.Work Environment &
ScheduleThe position is primarily a plant-based position with
regular visits to the office. Typically, the majority (The role is
primarily scheduled during a set-shift schedule from Friday-Sunday,
5am-5pm; however, there may be instances that require alternate
scheduled hours to be worked. Frequently, the incumbent may work
40-50 hours per week to successfully complete his or her duties.
Additionally, some special projects, initiatives, or intermittent
business needs may require the flexibility to work on alternate day
or shift hours for extended periods of time. Individual works 36
hours and gets paid for 40 hours. There is a +4 hour differential
for this weekend shift.Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties
of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk;
sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch
objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand
and walk, as well as be required to stoop, bend or reach above the
shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up-to 50 pounds,
typically in a team-lift environment. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.The above statements reflect the general details necessary to
describe the principle functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Candidates
must be able to satisfactorily meet the physical demands listed,
with or without reasonable accommodation.PI202315363
Keywords: Metal Era LLC, Waukesha , Weekend Shift Assistant Supervisor, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...