Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a
Material Handler - 2nd Shift to join our team, pay starting at
$17.55/hour, depending on experience. The hours for this position
are from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. This position is based at our Badger
Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Material Handler is responsible for the smooth, efficient flow
of all raw material and fabricated material into, throughout, and
out of the department. In this role, you will use forklifts (stand
up and sit down), walk along, and 5 to 30-ton cranes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Deliver finished fabricated parts from machine area to the
welding area, kitting area, interplant shipping docks, tagging
pallets appropriately and staging them in the proper areas with
pallet ID tags.
- Deliver finish product out of fabrication and locates the
material in internal customer Warehouse storage racks, maintaining
proper SAP transactions and escalating issues around stock area
cleanliness and remedying any nonconformance
- Move pallets of in-process work to where they are accessible to
various machines, marking these items appropriately with pallet ID
- Keep department provided with pallets and disposes of unusable
- Stack work-in-process or component parts in storage racks.
- Use 5-ton crane to unload bar stock and sheet steel from
trucks. Locates material with proper identification attached and
turns receiving paperwork in at the receiving desk for quality
inspection. Unloads coil steel for the Georg and locates it into
the proper cradle, marking it appropriately.
- Receive, locate, and issue "daily release" parts daily to
assure proper inventory.
- Dispose of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of building.
When dumpsters are ready to be shipped, makes out scrap tickets and
notifies dispatcher, by telephone, at the scrap salvage company
which dumpster to pick up.
- Dispose of all scrap wood and interfaces with external vendors
to maintain empty hoppers at all times for scrap wood disposal
- Be expected to move from raw material receiving and locating to
WIP and finished goods receiving, locating, tagging and movement
throughout the day without interruption
- Deliver stand-up stackers and walkers for battery changes
during the shift.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :094871
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Material Handler - 2nd Shift, Professions , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!