Non-CDL (Class C) Driver
Company: Home Depot
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for the distribution
and delivery of maintenance, repair, and operational (MRO) products
to a variety of facilities and businesses. You will operate a
company 26' delivery truck, loading and unloading freight for
deliveries to local customers. This position will be based out of
our Milwaukee, WI facility making deliveries throughout the local
area. The shift will be from Monday through Friday and typical
shifts range from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, with some overtime depending
on the volume for that day.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Performing pre and post trip vehicle inspections to ensure your
vehicle is ready for the road
* Loading the truck in an efficient manner for unload and
confirming customer orders
* Climbing in and out of the delivery cab to accommodate customer
deliveries throughout the day
* Operating foot and hand controls for commercial vehicles
* Operating commercial vehicle in compliance with local, state and
* Creating customer cheerleaders through excellent customer
service; providing assistance as a liaison between customer service
and delivery location as needed
* Performing overtime as required, accomplishing deliveries and
maintaining customer satisfaction
* Obtaining delivery confirmation via manual or electronic
* Performing warehouse duties and tasks assigned
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Operations/Transportation Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to
factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as
dust, fumes or odors. Typically requires overnight travel less than
10% of the time.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Minimal or no educational requirement for this job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
1 year of previous route delivery driving experience (26' trucks or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and COMPETENCIES
As a Delivery Driver, you must be a team player with excellent
customer service skills and the drive to succeed. Qualified
candidates are self-motivated, responsible, highly organized and
able to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment.
Other requirements of the Delivery Driver include:
* Valid, active Driver's License (Class C)
* Clean Motor Vehicle Record
* Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 70 lbs.
* Must pass DOT physical, criminal check and drug screen
* Excellent customer service skills
* Clean appearance
* Must be familiar with local and surrounding areas
* Ability to read maps and follow directions
Keywords: Home Depot, Waukesha , Non-CDL (Class C) Driver, Professions , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!