Senior Hardware Design Engineer ( Electrical Engineering )
Company: Syncroness, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
We're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides
solutions for engineering, technology, and product development
projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop
products that are changing the world, whether that's by shaping the
future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that
set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous
electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 6 00 people works
across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life
sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1
suppliers , commercial vehicle , electric vehicles, rail , and more
. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and
engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working
on-site at client facilities to performing product development at
our delivery centers. ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a
leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30
years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North
America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than
36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the
whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from
technology consulting to complete project outsourcing. When you
join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate
about collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical
engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our
employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for
mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for
all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision
insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off
(PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your
career to the next level. You don't have to take our word for it
that we are a great place to work-we were named on the 2023 Top
Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned .
- Write detailed functional specifications and requirements that
document newly created designs and support product
- Designing the following electrical components and
interconnects: mixed signal, analog, digital, power supply, motion
control and tuning solutions.
- Capturing electrical design schematics using an ECAD system.
Reviewing and approving layout done on ECAD systems.
- Selecting hardware and material, assuring compliance with
specifications and product requirements.
- Working with technology suppliers and cross-functional staff to
optimize hardware designs.
- Model, build, test, and modify product prototypes using working
models or theoretical models constructed with simulation.
- Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables
and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw
- Test and verify hardware to ensure that they meet
specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test
- Lend technical expertise to Installed Base teams to support
design fixes and customer escalations.
- Make design recommendations and implement change to improve
- Engage in all phases of new product introduction: concept,
architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier
interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
- Stay current with knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid
advancements in FPGA/communication technology.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to leverage Strategic
Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the MR
- Engaging in hardware lifecycle management, including solutions
to obsolescence, verification of design solutions, improvement of
manufacturing process, and cost out opportunities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (defined
as a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years relevant work experience).
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Proficiency in electrical design tools and simulation tools:
Cadence, Matlab , PSPICE, etc.
- Working experience with PWA/PWB and subsystem design techniques
for signal integrity, power integrity, and EMC circuit design and
simulation tool experience.
- Working knowledge of project management processes and
- Experience with typical electrical test equipment, such as
oscilloscopes, logic analyzers. Desired skills
- MS in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with global product releases throughout the entire
product life cycle desired.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on
multiple global projects simultaneously, balancing timing and
quality of outcomes.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills.
- Demonstrated supplier and manufacturing interface skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration
- Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost,
serviceability, and delivery targets. ALTEN Technology is a an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities
to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless
of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression
or veteran status.
Keywords: Syncroness, Inc., Waukesha , Senior Hardware Design Engineer ( Electrical Engineering ), Professions , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!