Distribution Crew Floor Lead 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 11, 2018
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of "can-do" people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications. Position Overview: Quad/Graphics is seeking a Full-Time 2nd Shift Distribution Crew Floor Lead at our Waukesha, Wisconsin Commingle facility. The Crew/Floor Leader is an essential part of the distribution process. S/he is responsible for meeting delivery requirements and coordinating the work crew. Ideally has previous experience in distribution areas. Entry level wages begin at $14.00 per hour. A shift differential of $0.30 is offered for 2nd shift. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate Workflow. Held responsible for communicating with both internal and external customers, gathering necessary documentation, creating and maintaining schedules, locating and combining product, as well as maintaining and assigning labor.
- Innovate the Work Process. Improve and innovate the work process by controlling supply and labor costs, understanding customer requirements and deadlines. Testing mechanical and information technology, teaching and mentoring employees and refining processes
- Assist Technicians. Help teach and assist with any job responsibility needed to keep production flowing. Including stepping in to assist technicians if circumstances warrant it. As well as encouraging communication and establishing career goals for Technicians and self.
- 6S Compliant. Maintains highest quality product through employment of standard operating procedures in all job responsibilities, performs daily maintenance and general housekeeping.
- Development and Education. Has taken or enrolled in required classes for current position, has begun classes for next position, and is working to develop skills for next position. Strives for and seeks out opportunities for personal development.
- Safety. Responsible for the knowing and following all safety regulations and policies and reporting any issues of concern to a manager. Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts (2nd shift is available)
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions
- Use vision to identify defects of product
- Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and work independently with minimal supervision Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a lead position is preferred
- Manufacturing experience (such as laborer, machinist, assembly, down piling, or bindery) and the ability to perform basic math calculations. Additional Company Information We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad/Graphics, Waukesha , Distribution Crew Floor Lead 2nd Shift, Professions , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!